G is for Goal-setting
Chances are that you’ve heard plenty about Goal-setting. There are many ways to set a goal, and there are plenty of excellent training resources to help you find the most effective way for you.
The question to start with, however, is “Why?” What is the purpose of goal setting? What does it do for you? Goal setting helps you focus (remember yesterday’s activity?) By knowing what you are aiming for, you naturally select thoughts and activities that help you achieve that goal, the outcome that you want. If you find that you are avoiding doing things towards your goal, that in itself is a key area to explore for your wellbeing.
1) Do you have goals that you have set for yourself?
2) When did you set these goals? (Are they due for a review?)
3) Do you feel confident in setting your goals?
4) How do you support your achievement of your goals?
5) Are there goals that you would like to set for yourself, but you haven’t? What has stopped you from setting those goals?
If you’d like to join in, this is definitely a day to comment below so I can reply according to what you need. You can also message me privately at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or thoughts.