J is for Joy
Joy is a vivid emotion of pleasure according to The Oxford English Reference Dictionary, and I would agree with that. Enjoy or enjoyment is the relevant verb, and I personally tend to be more aware of enjoy than joy – so writing this is giving me a pleasurable cause for reflection too!
1) What does Joy mean to you? If you find it easier to start with thinking about “enjoyment” (like me) go ahead and do that.
2) Is “joy” or “enjoyment” something that you are aware of in your daily life? How do you think your life would be different if you consciously enjoyed something daily?
3) Perhaps you use a different word to describe a feeling that as you now reflect, you could connect with joy. Play with words such as warmth, love, pleasure, deep pleasure, fun.
4) How would you describe the difference between joy and happiness?
5) What single activity could you do each day that you would really enjoy?
Any questions, please comment below. You can also message me privately at email@example.com with your reflections, questions or thoughts.
If you’re interested in deeper wellbeing and self-development work, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0845 643 9668.