U is for Umbrella
Sometimes we get so stuck in the detail of our life, that it’s as if we’re swimming underwater in a sadly murky, stagnant river, and can’t see where we’re going, much less have any idea of what we’re heading for.
As you answer today’s questions, spend a minute or two to relax as much as possible before answering with what pops straight into your mind.
1) Imagine you’re in a garden. It might be your current garden, or one that has positive memories for you, or it may be an imaginary garden. Paint the picture in your mind.
2) Assign different areas of the garden, or different plants, or stones to different areas of, or different problems in, your life. What do you notice about each of those areas? Get really stuck into any area that you’re currently not happy about.
3) In your imagination, notice how the rain starts to fall. Big, succulent raindrops plopping down. You have a HUGE umbrella and as you open the umbrella, you become the umbrella! You / the umbrella keeps opening and growing until you float up in the air and float above your whole garden.
4) From this high vantage point – go as high as you need to – look down and notice what you can see now you are so high that you can oversee everything in your life – the whole she-bang! See the difference between being stuck up close and “in” the garden and the view from afar on high.
5) Float back down and decide what you’re going to change “in your garden” now you have your umbrella view to guide you.
If you’d like help to work with making the changes you see in your bigger picture, message me or email email@example.com or call 0845 643 9668.
#AtoZ #AtoZofWellbeing #TheWisdomExperience #CoreSense #selfdevelopment #thewisdomexperience #personaldevelopment