I is for Inspiration
Inspiration is great for wellbeing – when you take action on your inspiration.
When you don’t act on your inspiration, it can have negative repercussions. You might feel stuck, sluggish or emotionally down. When you’re inspired, it’s like a burst of adrenaline, but if all you’re doing is having ideas, being inspired but never making anything out of them, you’re constantly receiving bursts of adrenaline and not using it. This is a stress – you’re creating an energy that’s never put to good use, and that is draining.
So, let’s take 10 minutes to go from Inspiration to Action.
1) Take 2 minutes to reflect and see one inspired awareness that you had in the past week. It might be to do with your work, your relationship or how you parent. It might be about your next car, or project or birthday. It might be about how you want to redecorate, a new book to read or a podcast to listen to. Get the idea? Inspiration can be about ANYTHING!
2) On a fresh, clean piece of paper (new page in your notebook if you have one) write down your inspiration.
3) Look at what you’ve written. Imagine it in your minds’ eye; what would it feel like for that inspiration to become reality? Are there any sounds, smells, tastes associated with it? Is it something you can hold?
4) Write down as much as you can so you would be able to know when you have turned that inspiration into reality.
5) What is the first action you will do, right now, that moves you from simply being inspired to realising your inspiration.
If you’re interested in deeper wellbeing and self-development work, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0845 643 9668.